White Collar Criminal Defense & Government Investigations Attorneys in New Jersey & New York
Our white collar criminal defense and government investigations practice group counsels corporations and individuals facing criminal charges or being investigated by federal, state, and/or local prosecutors and law enforcement agencies. We also advise clients under scrutiny by federal and/or state regulators.
With deep experience on both the government and defense sides of criminal matters, we can quickly and efficiently assess and evaluate government charges or investigations. We exercise discretion in helping our clients navigate through these crisis situations and we treat individuals who are involved with sensitivity.
Our attorneys have worked closely and productively with law enforcement and regulators at all levels of government, including the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Inspectors General, U.S. Attorney’s Offices, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and many state attorneys general and local prosecutors, as well as several other government agencies.
In many instances, we are able to respond to investigations proactively, advocating our clients’ positions directly with the responsible prosecutors and investigators, always with the goal of ending the matter with the government taking no action against our clients.
In those cases where investigation leads to threats of charges or the initiation of criminal proceedings, we zealously defend our clients’ rights and liberties, testing and challenging the government’s case at every turn and using every tool at our disposal. We have successfully represented clients through trial and appeal. Where a client chooses not to contest charges, we are able to call on decades of experience negotiating the least onerous outcomes, including pleas to lesser charges and advocating for the most lenient sentences possible, often without incarceration.
- Represented a pharmaceutical sales representative in a nationwide federal investigation.
- Represented a national company in a state attorney general investigation into misconduct in bidding for government contracts.
- Represented an attorney charged with federal financial crimes, resulting in a non-incarceration sentence and restoration of professional licenses.
- Successfully appealed a federal felony conviction for interstate stalking.
- Represented an investor in an SEC investigation into insider trading.
- Represented a public relations business in a state attorney general investigation into potential campaign finance violations in a gubernatorial election.
- Represented a businessperson charged with embezzlement and tax evasion.
- Represented multiple individual witnesses in various FBI criminal investigations.
- Represented individuals previously convicted of federal crimes in seeking Presidential pardons.
- Represented companies suspected of committing violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).