Healthcare Litigation & Counseling Attorneys in New Jersey & New York
We advise clients on critical issues impacting the healthcare industry, counseling individuals and companies through complex matters involving compliance, internal investigations, dispute resolution, and litigation. We use the skills we have developed through years of high stakes litigation to bring practical insight to the challenging problems and opportunities confronting the evolving healthcare industry.
Our representations have covered the full spectrum of the healthcare field, working with hospitals, physicians’ practices, pharmaceutical companies as well as the regulators who investigate antitrust violations and fraud. Through this vast experience, we have worked closely with the Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General, Food and Drug Administration, states attorneys general offices, and the National Association of Medicaid Fraud Units, among others, giving us a keen understanding of how those offices operate as it relates to their investigations, and their interpretation of federal and state laws.
We have guided clients through investigations involving billing fraud, false claims, kickbacks, Stark Law violations, off-label marketing, and other areas which may result in regulatory, civil, and criminal investigation and/or litigation. For clients seeking to proactively confront these challenges, our attorneys can provide comprehensive guidance on adapting and refining internal compliance programs and procedures.
- Represented client in a False Claims Act matter involving claims of up-coding, unbundling of procedures, and violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law by a private physicians’ practice.
- Represented client in a False Claims Act matter involving claims against a global pharmaceutical company.
- Represented client in a False Claims Act matter involving claims of up-coding and false billing by a university teaching hospital.
- Provided counseling to a medical device company in connection with an investigation by the FDA into improper labeling practices.
- Represented client in a litigation involving claims against pharmacies, retailers, and drug wholesalers for inflating the published average wholesale price of prescription drugs.
- Provided counseling to a company in connection with a 510(k) submission to the FDA.
- Represented client in a False Claims Act matter involving claims against a skilled nursing facility for up-coding and performing medically unnecessary procedures and therapies on residents.
- Represented client in connection with a False Claims Act matter involving claims of false billing for water treatment services in Iraq.