About Jason C. Spiro
Jason is a litigator and legal strategist, who works closely with his clients in all aspects of their matters.
Jason focuses his practice on complex civil litigation, both affirmative and defense, including antitrust, securities fraud, intellectual property, fiduciary duty issues, founder and shareholder disputes, and business-to-business litigation.
In addition, Jason serves as outside general counsel to clients on all aspect of their business. His work for companies involves investigations, employment and non-compete, intellectual property, white collar criminal, insurance coverage, and transactional matters.
Before starting Spiro Harrison, Jason worked for some of the premier law firms in complex civil litigation, arbitration and internal investigations, including Clifford Chance LLP and Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP. Jason also served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Jane A. Restani of the U.S. Court of International Trade.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School – J.D.
James Wilson Scholar
Legal Extern, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Civil Division; Sr. Editor, Journal of Labor and Employment Law
- Rutgers University, Rutgers College – B.A., Economics with Honors
Intern, Bill Bradley Presidential Campaign, 1999-2000
Honors & Acknowledgements
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® (5.0 Rating)
- Selected as a New Leader of the NJ Bar by the New Jersey Law Journal (2014)
- Selected as a Top-Rated Lawyer by New York and New Jersey’s Legal Leaders (Intellectual Property, Commercial Litigation, Government Law) (2013 & 2014)
- Verdict Search, Top New York Verdicts of 2011, Bascom v. AOL LLC (EDNY)
- New York
- New Jersey
United States Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals:
- Second Circuit
- Third Circuit
- Fourth Circuit
- Federal Circuit
U.S. District Courts:
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
U.S. Court of International Trade
Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association, Litigation & Intellectual Property Sections
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- Federal Bar Council
- New York State Bar Association
- FINRA-approved arbitrator
- Third Circuit Pro Bono Panel
- Penn Club of Metro New Jersey
- Rutgers University Alumni Association