About Jason A. Perez
Jason represents clients in litigation disputes, including intellectual property, business disputes, and other types of complex litigation and arbitration. Jason also defends individuals and businesses in criminal investigations and trials, and enforcement actions.
Jason leverages his litigation background to represent clients in transactional and corporate governance matters. He works with companies over the course of their corporate lifespans in matters that include negotiating commercial agreements, entity formation, and asset purchases or dispositions.
During law school, Jason was a research assistant for Prof. Matteo Gatti for his article titled It’s My Stock and I’ll Vote If I Want To: Conflicted Voting by Shareholders in (Hostile) M&A Deals. Additionally, Jason was an associate at the Rutgers Entrepreneurship Clinic, the Managing Development Editor of the Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal, and an extern for the Honorable Barry P. Sarkisian (Ret.).
Prior to law school, Jason worked as the manager of a property management group, developing experience in acquiring and managing commercial and multi-family properties in Northern and Central New Jersey.
- Rutgers University School of Law – J.D.
Honorable Clarence E. Case Scholar & Jack Solomon Scholar
Managing Development Editor, Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal
- University of Delaware – B.A., Political Science
- New York
- New Jersey
U.S. District Courts:
- District of New Jersey
- September 2018 – Third Circuits OKs Snap Removal
- February 2018 – Something Old, Something New: Department of Justice Issues New Guidance on Qui Tam Lawsuits
- NJSBA Securities Law Committee
- NJSBA Privacy Law Committee
Memberships & Associations
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association-New Jersey